The beginning of theater in Luxembourg dates back to the Jesuit period, in the late 16th century. Yet, the true birth of Luxembourgian theater occurred no sooner than 1855, when the Edmond de la Fontaine’ play “Scholdschäin” was performed for the first time. From that moment on, plays have been performed in the Luxembourgian theater both in French and German, but also in English, Dutch and Portuguese.
The Museum of Ancient Musical Instruments is hosted by the Conservatory of Luxembourg. It attracts chiefly a specific public, but not exclusively.
The Cathedral of Our Lady is one of the most significant worship places in Luxembourg and an important tourist reference point of historic value.
The ruins of Luxembourg Castle are one of the most frequented attractions in Luxembourg. They represent a site of special historic charge.