Built by the Jesuit monks between 1613 and 1621, the Cathedral of Our Lady was initially conceived as a church intended for the use of their order. The north gate of the Cathedral was built in a Renaissance and Baroque style, and the choir balcony is decorated with sculpted columns and stained-glass dating back to the 19th and 20th century, Neo-Gothic confessionals with bas-reliefs.
John the Blind, king of Bohemia and count of Luxembourg, as well as members of the ruling family of the Grand Duchy are buried in the Cathedral’s crypt.
The Protestant Church of Luxembourg has represented by its foundation an extremely significant moment for the history of Protestantism in the Grand Duchy.
Vauban Luxembourg Itinerary is all about trips to fortresses dating back to some centuries ago. It is a highly cultural circuit.
The National Museum of History and Art of Luxembourg displays temporary exhibitions and permanent archeological collections, valuable medieval paintings.